Waikiki Get Down - Honolulu, Hawaii
- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
City And County Welcomes West Oahu To One Oahu Cares Resource Day
City and County Welcomes West O Ľahu to One O‚Äėahu CARES Resource Day
HONOLULU -- The City and County of Honolulu Department of Community Services, in partnership with the Council for Native Hawaiian Advancement (CNHA) and Ka Makana Ali‚Äėi, will be hosting the "One O‚Äėahu CARES Resource Day" community outreach event on Saturday, October 3, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. The City welcomes members of the community to come by and access re-employment services, apply for household hardship relief, and receive emergency food support.
Mayor Kirk Caldwell shared, "We are excited to bring resources into our communities to support those who may need assistance with household expenses or are interested in re-training or re-employment opportunities. We have to do all we can as a community to help every resident during this challenging time."
Participants are asked to pre-register at Eventbrite by visiting www.honolulu.gov/DCS to help manage the flow of guests throughout the day. There will be two events:
8 a.m. -- 12 p.m.
- Drive-up, drop-off of the City and County of Honolulu Household Hardship Relief Fund (HHRF) Program application and supporting documents to CNHA's Ho ĽńĀla Assistance Program.
- Located in the North-East parking lot, the community can enter from Kualakai Parkway and Kapolei Parkway. Directional signage will be posted.
- Document drop-off can be done for existing applicants or new applicants unable to send in documents electronically.
- The Ho ĽńĀla Assistance Program is funded by the City and County of Honolulu through CARES Act Coronavirus Relief Fund and the Hawai‚Äėi Community Foundation through its Hawai‚Äėi Resilience Fund. This program provides emergency financial assistance for Hawai Ľi residents affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Assistance is awarded one per household and all payments are paid directly to the vendors. This assists with mortgage payments, rent payments, utility services, healthcare premiums, licensed childcare services and licensed eldercare services. The online application can be found at covidkokua.com.
10 a.m. -- 3 p.m.
- One O‚Äėahu CARES Resource Drop-In
- Located in Center Court, next to American Eagle.
- In conjunction with the City's Department of Community Services WorkHawaii (Employment Opportunities) division and partners will be available to provide information about the various programs and services.
- Council for Native Hawaiian Advancement (Household Hardship Relief Fund program)
- The Legal Clinic (Emergency Household Assistance)
- The Mediation Center of the Pacific (Eviction Mediation)
- The Salvation Army (Food Voucher Assistance)
Guests are asked to avoid entering the Center if they have flu-like symptoms or otherwise do not feel well. Guests entering the property are asked to maintain a six-foot distance from one another and to avoid shaking hands or engaging in unnecessary physical contact. Patrons entering the Center shall wear face masks that cover the nose and mouth. These should be worn at all times while at Ka Makana Ali‚Äėi.
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
Check out things to do in Waikiki, Hawaii on the calendar of events.
- News and Newsletters
Keep up with the latest news and happenings in the Waikiki, Hawaii community.
- Waikiki, Hawaii Featured Pages
View our directory of feature pages showcasing all the great things Waikiki has to offer.
- Featured Sponsors Offers
Great offers from our sponsors who support the Waikiki, Hawaii Community More...
- Waikiki, Hawaii Coupons & Discounts
Save money in Waikiki, Hawaii with these coupons.
- About Waikiki - Honolulu Hawaii
Learn about Waikiki, Hawaii.
- About Waikiki Get Down.com
Learn about WaikikiGetDown.com website and its creator.